According to the Department for Business Innovation and Skills, 2015 was a record year for the number of SMEs in the UK, with annual growth for both employing and non-employing private sector businesses being around 3%.
A small business is defined as one with 0 to 49 employees and a medium-sized business as having 50 to 249 employees, and the UK has around 5.4 million of them, with a combined annual turnover of £1.8 trillion.
Small Business Enterprise’s Contribution To the Economy
So if you own a small or medium-sized firm, not only are you in good company, but you’re a major contributor to the UK economy. And as your company grows, you will doubtless be committed to making the right impression on customers, prospects and potential employees.
A credible business address is part of the image you project – it’s on your website, your letterheads, pitches and tender documents and, of course, your business cards. Which is why if you’ve been using a PO Box for your correspondence, you may want to consider trading up to a mailbox.
A mailbox gives you more for your money because you get a prestigious business address rather than a PO Box number – but there are many more benefits that you may not have considered.
A mailbox address is a great way to establish a presence in a new location without the overheads of setting up an office. It’s a way of dipping a toe in the water, building a reputation with local customers and getting your business known while keeping your costs to a minimum. Mail Boxes Etc. has more than 150 locations around the UK, so you can base your business at our address – wherever you want to be.
Closer to home, a mailbox also has many other advantages over a PO Box. You can call us to check for mail to save you a wasted journey, and we’ll be happy to text or email to let you know when mail arrives. Most of our stores provide 24-hour access, so you can collect your mail and parcels at a time that suits you. We will accept deliveries from any courier, including signed-for packages, so you need never miss an important consignment. And we offer a whole range of support services that are perfect for growing companies – just choose the ones you want, as and when you need them. Our Business Hub services include:
- Mail forwarding – to any UK or international destination
- Parcel shipping – from the biggest selection of leading carriers on the high street
- Royal Mail postal services – beat the queues and buy your postal services directly from us
- Graphic design, print and copy – we’ll design and print your business stationery with your new address
- Virtual office solutions – including telephone answering, mail and product fulfilment and more
- Registered company address – register your business at our address
- Director’s Service Address – select a suite number at our address, as your address for public record
Find out more about these services and more by visiting our business hub